DENVER MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
A Denver motorcycle accident lawyer representing the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm will help build your case and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why You Should Choose The Paul Wilkinson Law Firm for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
We know that you have options when it comes to finding the right personal injury attorney for your motorcycle accident claim. But we don’t see that as a challenge. Instead, we see this as an opportunity to show you our worth. At the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm, we believe that our experience, commitment, and level of dedication to our clients truly sets us apart from any other personal injury law firm.
Why should you call Paul when you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident?
- Free consultation: since we work on contingency fees, we don’t accept any payment unless we win your case. That’s how confident we are in our ability to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.
- We help you understand your options: with extensive experience in personal injury law and working with insurance companies, we can help you assess your options to find the right path for your case.
- Trust: this is the foundation for everything we do at the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm. Our team of personal injury attorneys is always open and honest with our clients to ensure that they receive the best outcome for their claim. Just take a minute to look at our five star reviews to see what our clients think.
- Hard Work: over my extensive legal career, I’ve won over 5,000 cases. Our personal injury law firm knows what it takes to win your case and we won’t rest until your claim is resolved.
Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Car accidents can lead to substantial damages and injuries; however, accidents involving motorcycles and motor vehicles can be even more traumatic. For this reason, it’s important to contact a motorcycle or Denver car accident attorney as soon as possible.
After a motorcycle crash, it’s understandable if you’re disoriented. The shock from the accident, injuries, and stress of what’s to come can distract you from your legal rights and whether you have the right to take legal action. Thinking about the logistics of how you’re going to pay for medical bills, talk to insurance companies, and plan for lost wages is the last thing you want to do.
Other drivers don’t want to admit they’re at fault when they cause an accident. Insurance companies also try to avoid responsibility by asking you complex questions after an accident, hoping you’ll slip and accidentally admit fault.
That’s why hiring trusted Denver motorcycle accident attorneys is crucial. While it might seem like the insurance company is on your side, you need a legal team to relate the facts to the court accurately.
You need to take specific steps after a motorcycle accident to achieve results. Motorcycle accident damage values can be challenging to determine, and insurance companies often underestimate the damages. Put your case in the hands of a trusted Denver motorcycle accident attorney who knows how to hold drivers and insurance companies accountable.
Common Motorcycle Accident Causes
Colorado motorcycle fatalities are at an all-time high. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, chances are, it wasn’t your fault. Distracted drivers, drunk drivers, bad road conditions, and defective motorcycle parts are among the most common causes of injury that merit contacting a personal injury attorney in Denver. Why should you take the blame if a motorcycle accident wasn’t your fault?
A study commissioned by the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) found that the most common danger to motorcyclists is vehicles that fail to yield the right-of-way. The study attributed these accidents’ primary cause to the “lack of caution and awareness of the automobile driver.”
A few other common examples of motorcycle accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes — car drivers fail to signal or check their blind spot for motorcyclists.
- Sudden stops — Car drivers often follow motorcyclists too closely, not realizing that a simple fender bender can cause motorcyclists severe injuries or even death.
- Impaired drivers — drunk driving accidents are one of the leading causes of collisions between motorcyclists and motor vehicles.
- Inexperienced drivers — Sometimes, young or inexperienced drivers don’t understand how to account for motorcyclists on the road.
A Denver motorcycle accident lawyer from the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm understands all the ins and outs of motorcycle accident causes. We understand the complex legal nature of biker wrecks and can give you valuable legal representation in your case to recover all of your medical expenses.
Additionally, accidents with bikers can often be fatal. If you have a loved one who was involved in a deadly motorcycle crash caused by another negligent driver, you have a right to seek restitution for your grief and hardship. The motorcycle accident lawyers at the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm can see your case through and ensure you get the proper compensation.
GET COLORADO’S LEADING MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ON YOUR SIDE.
OUR EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS WILL GET YOU THE MAXIMUM COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE.
What Are Colorado’s Motorcycle Accident Laws?
To understand whether you have a valid motorcycle accident claim, you must be familiar with Colorado motorcycle laws. Colorado accident rights rely heavily on determining fault. In Colorado, negligent drivers bear the brunt of this responsibility, both legally and financially.
It’s crucial to understand Colorado motorcycle accident laws because your compensation will likely decrease if you breach these laws. For example, if you were not wearing a helmet during your accident, you might not be eligible for as much compensation, even if the other driver was clearly at fault.
Other examples of Colorado laws pertaining to motorcycle accidents include:
- Motorcycle riders and passengers must wear eye protection at all times.
- If the motorcyclists have a passenger, the motorcycle must have an available footrest.
- Lane-splitting is illegal in Colorado. Motorcyclists cannot share a lane with another vehicle or ride in between lanes.
- Motorcyclists must obey all Colorado traffic laws, including stopping, yielding, and speed limits.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- In Colorado, 125 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2016, representing an increase of 17.9%. This represented 20.6% of Colorado’s total traffic fatalities. Of those riders, 63% (72) were NON-helmeted.
Source: CDOT Motorcycle Operator Safety Training State Fiscal Year 2017
- Motorcyclist fatalities increased from 106 in 2015 to 125 in 2016, a 17.9% increase.
- In 2016, 40% (46) of motorcycle operators killed in Colorado did not have a motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license.
- In Colorado, 78% (89) of motorcycle operators involved in fatal crashes were determined to be “at fault” in 2016.
- 42% (50) fatal crashes in Colorado in 2016 involved only the motorcycle and no other vehicle.
- 18 percent of motorcycle operators killed in Colorado in 2016 had a blood alcohol content (BAC) equal to or greater than 0.08.
- In Colorado, motorcycle registrations continue to rise, with 194,129 motorcycles registered in 2016.
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations, which determines the length of time you have to file a personal injury claim, depends on the state where the accident happened.
In Colorado, the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims, including motorcycle accident lawsuits, is two years from the accident date. Some motor vehicle accidents may be extended to three years. If you’re filing a claim against a government organization like the city, you only have 180 days to file your personal injury claim.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Settlement Worth?
Settlements for motorcycle accident injuries should include the total of your economic and non-economic losses. There is no standard amount for motorcycle accident settlements. The court determines your settlement amount based on whether the accident had a shared fault and how compelling your case is. Additionally, insurance companies often try to minimize the amount they pay—even for a valid claim.
Having a motorcycle accident attorney who understands how to craft a comprehensive case and relate all the facts gives you a better chance of increasing your settlement. This ensures that you receive the compensation for your injuries that you deserve.
Damages that may be eligible for settlement include:
- Medical bills and treatment costs.
- Diagnostic tests such as x-rays and blood tests.
- Prescription costs.
- Physical therapy costs.
- Nursing care.
- Emotional pain and suffering, mental harm.
- Lost Wages.
- Lost income replacement.
- Property damages.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement.
What to Do If You’re Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident’s emotional and physical repercussions are damaging enough, but it’s overwhelming when you add legal obstacles to the equation. Seeking legal advice may be the last thing on your mind in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, but it’s essential to take immediate legal action. Your compensation and rights depend on it.
After being involved in a motorcycle accident, seek medical care for any potential injuries immediately. If you are able, file a police report right away, document your medical care, follow your doctor’s orders, and contact the insurance company about the accident ASAP. As soon as you can, begin collecting evidence about your crash. Investigate your driver’s details, contact any eyewitnesses who were at the scene, and, if possible, photograph any damage or injury you sustain.
After strengthening your case by performing the tasks mentioned above, it’s time to leave it in the hands of qualified motorcycle accident lawyers. Hiring a skilled motorcycle accident attorney increases your chances for an insurance company settlement. In fact, a study done by the Insurance Research Council showed that insurance companies issued payments in 85% of the cases when the victim hired an attorney.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Can I receive compensation even if I was partially at fault ?
Colorado uses comparative negligence to determine recovery in motorcycle accidents. Comparative negligence means the court reduces your compensation by the percentage of blame it assigns you. If the court deems you partially responsible for the accident, It does not mean you’re completely ineligible for compensation.
The only time comparative negligence prevents you from receiving compensation is if the court finds you more than 50% responsible for the accident. Comparative negligence works on a straightforward scale. If the court deems you are 10% responsible, you’re still eligible for 90% compensation.
What is contingency-fee?
The Paul Wilkinson Law Firm uses a contingency-fee based pricing system for our clients. Contingency-fee pricing means clients only pay if they win. That way, you keep the money you’re entitled to.
Do I need to hire a motorcycle accident attorney?
Let someone else shoulder some of your burdens by hiring a motorcycle accident attorney. Having someone in your corner to bring the full value of your case to light will help you move on from this challenging time quicker, knowing you were treated fairly and got what you deserved.
When should I contact a Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Colorado statutes allow three years from the time of the accident to file a claim. But the more time that elapses from your accident to filing a claim, the more opportunity there is to lose valuable evidence. The investigation process is crucial to your case’s outcome and hiring an attorney makes sure you have a professional working to uncover the facts.
GET YOUR FREE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CONSULTATION TODAY
NO UPFRONT COSTS. WE ONLY GET PAID IF YOU WIN
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Who Puts Your Needs First
If you experience a motorcycle injury, you want a motorcycle accident attorney who can present all of your sufferings to the court. Our team at The Paul Wilkinson Law Firm works with medical specialists, life-planning experts, economists, and others to fully comprehend the value of your case and the long-term care you will need to overcome your injuries and struggles.
Have an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Denver on your side who works hard to negotiate a full settlement that accommodates your needs. Contact the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation, and bring a lawyer onto your team who cares about getting the best option for your circumstances.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
Seeking Full and Fair Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
As a former insurance adjuster, I know the tricks insurance companies use to close motorcycle accident cases in a way that is most beneficial for them. As your attorney, I know how to overcome their tactics and pursue the compensation you deserve.