BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you’ve been injured in a bike accident, call the experienced Denver bike accident attorneys at the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm.
Why You Should Choose The Paul Wilkinson Law Firm for Your Colorado Bicycle Accident
We know you have options for finding the right personal injury attorney for your motorcycle accident claim. But we don’t see that as a challenge. Instead, we see this as an opportunity to show you our worth. At the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm, we believe that our experience and dedication to our clients set us apart from any other personal injury law firm.
Why should you call Paul when you’ve been involved in a Denver bike accident?
- Free bicycle accident consultation in Denver: Call us for a 100% free legal consultation. Additionally, our law office works on contingency fees, so we don’t accept any payment unless we win your personal injury case. That’s how confident we are in ensuring you receive the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
- We help you understand your legal options: With years of experience working on a range of personal injury cases and with insurance companies, our personal injury law firm can help you assess your legal options to determine the right path for your case.
- Hard Work: Over my extensive career, I’ve personally won over 5,000 personal injury cases. Our entire legal team knows what it takes to win your case and protect your rights. Simply enough, we won’t rest until your claim is resolved.
- Trust: Trust is the foundation of everything we do. At the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm, our team remains open and honest with our clients to help them receive the best possible outcome for their personal injury claims. To see what it’s like working with us, take a look at our five-star reviews to see what our clients think.
BICYCLE ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY MOTOR VEHICLES
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 30% of all bicycle accidents occur when a motor vehicle hits a bicycle. This type of personal injury accident is often a result of negligent driving, which can take many forms, including speeding, illegal turns, and failure to stop or yield
If a driver is impaired by drugs or alcohol or is distracted, there is a higher probability of being involved in an accident with a cyclist or another driver. If you’ve been the victim of a bicycle accident where the driver was negligent, broke a traffic law, or was impaired or distracted, it’s important to contact a trusted bicycle accident attorney immediately.
GET COLORADO’S LEADING BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ON YOUR SIDE.
OUR EXPERIENCED BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS WILL GET YOU THE MAXIMUM COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE.
WHAT TRAFFIC LAWS MUST BICYCLISTS FOLLOW?
However, on April 13, 2022, Governor Polis signed the Colorado Safety Stop Act into law. This new law provides a new and safe way for bicyclists to proceed through intersections across Colorado.
Essentially, the Colorado Safety Stop law means that, as long as an intersection is clear of any oncoming traffic, bicyclists (age 15 or older) can now treat a stop sign as a yield sign and not come to a complete stop before passing through the intersection. Additionally, bicyclists can also now treat a stop light as a stop sign — as long as the intersection is clear.
DOES COLORADO HAVE BICYCLE HELMET LAWS?
IS BICYCLING SAFE? BICYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
- TThere has been a 12.2% increase in the number of bicyclists killed in motor vehicle crashes from 729 in 2014 to 818 in 2015.
- The number of bicyclists injured each year has remained consistently high over recent years, staying between 48,000 to 52,000.
- There were a total of 1,325 reported bicycle crashes in Denver between 2008 and 2012.
- Bicycle crash rates per trip decreased between 2008 and 2012 from 2.6 to 1.7%.
- Most parties involved in bicycle/motorist crashes were between the ages of 24 and 35.
- Most crashes occurred during the evening rush hours (between 4 and 6 PM) on weekdays in the summer months (May to October).
- Crashes involving SUVs and pickup trucks resulted in injuries at a higher percentage (57%) than crashes involving passenger cars (47%).
Stats from: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
How to Avoid Bike Accidents and Injuries Caused by Bike Accidents
1. Wear Protective Gear
When bicycling, you should always wear the appropriate protective gear. Never hit the road or trail without a helmet, glasses, gloves, and reflectors if you’re riding at night. Additionally, you can purchase reflective clothing for night riding that helps make you even more visible.
2. Follow The Rules Of The Road
3. Practice Group Cycling
4. Be Aware
The road can be an unpredictable place. Even when you’re obeying traffic laws and riding responsibly, you can never tell when a driver or another cyclist may act unpredictably or dangerously. Always be aware of your surroundings, road conditions (which can change suddenly), and others on the road. Awareness is critical to your safety.
GET YOUR FREE BICYCLE ACCIDENT CONSULTATION TODAY
NO UPFRONT COSTS. WE ONLY GET PAID IF YOU WIN.
HOW TO REPORT A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
Following a bike crash, you should tend to your injuries and receive medical attention before trying to do anything else. However, ensuring an accurate police report is also critical to the process following an accident. Even if you have no visible injuries following an accident, you should contact a police officer to make a report.
If you can, you should collect some basic evidence from the scene to provide the officer upon their arrival. For example, you should collect their information if the driver doesn’t want to stay at the scene. You should also try to take some pictures of the scene and talk to any eyewitnesses of the accident.
DOES HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE COVER BICYCLE ACCIDENTS?
The personal property section of standard homeowners insurance and renters insurance policies covers bicycles. The coverage will cover the cost of your bike minus your deductible. However, homeowners’ insurance will not cover healthcare costs.
In the event you are injured in a bicycle accident caused by an automobile driver, you will most likely have to get reimbursed from their auto insurance or your health insurance. Determining whether your or the automobile driver’s insurance covers your medical expenses is a complex sequence that you should seek.
NO FEES UP FRONT. I ONLY GET PAID IF YOU DO.
I am attorney Paul Wilkinson, and I offer my clients nearly 20 years of experience resolving bicycle accident claims. As one of the best bicycle accident lawyers in Denver, I understand the types of injuries that can occur in these accidents. I work tirelessly to ensure you receive sufficient compensation to facilitate your recovery.
Where some personal injury law firms might seek to settle your case on the first offer from the insurance company, I am steadfast in my commitment to ensure that your current and future needs are accommodated. I take the time to gain a complete understanding of your injuries, determine how they will impact your life, and seek maximum compensation for your losses.
Reach out to our experienced lawyers at the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm today. To schedule your free case consultation, contact us (24/7) at 720-664-9336 or via our contact page.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW MY FIRM CAN HELP YOU | FREE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE
Contact my Denver office to discuss your claim in more detail. I offer a free consultation in every case where you can get your questions answered and learn more about your legal options.