DENVER PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
After an accident, call the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm to speak with the top personal injury lawyers in Denver, Colorado. Our experienced legal team of accident attorneys can help you get the settlement you deserve.
Denver Personal Injury Lawyer Resources
- What A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do for your Case
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim In Colorado?
- How Long Does It Take To Obtain A Personal Injury Settlement
- Do I Have To Go To Court For My Personal Injury Claim?
- Top Personal Injury Accident Attorney To Call In Colorado
- What To Expect From Our Denver Personal Injury Law Firm
What Does A Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Our personal injury services begin with a free consultation from one of the top experienced personal injury attorneys in Denver. The goal of this initial consultation is to learn about your specific situation and start to help you understand your legal rights. To build your case, our entire personal injury law firm will investigate your case and document your injuries and story. We’ll identify the involved parties who may be liable and handle all communication with insurance companies, healthcare providers, other lawyers, and liable parties until your case is successfully resolved.
Additionally, your Colorado personal injury lawyer will consult with financial experts and medical specialists to formulate a legal strategy with the goal of receiving the maximum compensation for your injuries. We’ll use our invaluable experience in the insurance world to anticipate your opponent’s strategy and adapt our plan accordingly. Our priority is always to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance companies. However, if an agreement can’t be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court.
Throughout the entire process of your personal injury case in Denver, you can expect open, honest, and consistent communication. Our goal is to ensure that you are aware and well-informed every step of the way. We are fully invested in working toward the best possible outcome for you from the very beginning. Our top priority is to help you regain the stability you need to move forward and get back to the life you love.
Personal Injury Areas Of Practice
Personal injury law covers a wide range of cases. This can make it unclear whether or not your accident falls under tort law. The best way to know for sure is to give us a call. With our free consultations for personal injury lawyers in Denver, it’ll only require you a few minutes of your time.
Tort law addresses three different types of acts that may result in a personal injury claim: intentional, unintentional, or negligent, and absolute liability.
- Intentional acts are those committed by a party who willfully and intentionally causes harm to another party.
- Unintentional or negligent acts refer to those actions that were not intended to cause harm, but still result in injury or damages due to the driver’s lack of attention on the road. Texting while driving accidents are an example of negligent act.
- Absolute liability refers to liability assigned to product manufacturers, especially in cases of defective products or those with insufficient warning labels.
At the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm, we specialize in the following areas of practice for personal injury cases:
How Do I Know If I Have A Personal Injury Claim?
A successful Denver personal injury claim requires four elements:
1. Duty of care: First, you must establish that the defendant owed the plaintiff duty of care. Examples of duty of care include drivers on the road or doctors performing medical care on a patient.
2. Breach of this duty: After establishing duty of care, you must prove the defendant breached their responsibility with their negligent actions. Examples include a driver texting while driving or a store owner failing to post a sign for a wet floor.
3. Causation: Causation entails proving the breach of duty caused your injury. An example of causation would be breaking your leg or getting whiplash from a car accident caused by a distracted or drunk driver.
4. Damages caused by a breach of duty: finally, the plaintiff must prove they suffered harm and incurred losses (whether economic or non-economic) as a result of the defendant’s negligent actions.
If you’re not sure if you have a personal injury case on your hands, give us a call. As some of the best personal injury lawyers in Denver, we can help you understand your case and determine whether or not you’re eligible for financial compensation.
Is It Worth Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer?
How To Choose A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Consider peer-reviewed sources.
- Make sure your personal injury lawyer offers a free consultation.
- Check to see if your lawyer operates on a contingency fee basis.
- Ask if your Colorado personal injury attorney has the financial and staffing bandwidth to handle your case.
- Choose a personal injury lawyer in Denver who has handled personal injury cases in the past.
Get Colorado’s Leading Personal Injury Attorneys On Your Side.
Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Will Get You The Maximum Compensation You Deserve.
What Types Of Compensation Can I Recover From A Personal Injury Claim?
Common economic damages for personal injury cases include:
- Medical expenses.
- Loss wages.
- Property damages.
- Loss of future earnings.
- Emotional distress.
- Pain and suffering.
- Scarring and disfigurement.
- Loss of companionship.
- Diminished quality of life.
What To Do After A Denver Personal Injury Accident
After a personal injury accident, you should:
- Seek medical treatment: Your safety and well-being should always be your top priority. Before anything else, ensure that you receive the proper medical care. Even if you feel fine immediately after an accident, this could be your adrenaline masking the pain. Scheduling a visit with your doctor could also prove to be important for the success of a personal injury claim.
- Report the accident: It’s critical to report the accident as soon as possible. Reporting the accident will ensure that you receive an official police report, which serves as an objective and authoritative account of the accident.
- Gather evidence: Take photographs of the scene of the accident, focusing on physical injuries and any property that was damaged, such as your vehicle, a bicycle, or even the room or street where the accident occurred.
- Make personal notes: In addition to physical evidence, keep a personal log of your experience. Write down what happened before, during, and after the accident so you have a clear mental record of the incident.
- Call a Denver personal injury lawyer: As soon as possible, you should reach out to a trusted and experienced Denver personal injury attorney. These professionals can help you understand your case, assess its true value, and file the necessary paperwork to get your personal injury claim started.
What Can A Personal Injury Attorney Do For Your Case?
A personal injury lawyer can also help you gather and file evidence and determine what will be valuable for your case. As your case progresses, they will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive a full and fair settlement. They’ll take your case to trial and fight for you in court if needed.
How Long Do I Have To File A Personal Injury Claim?
How long does it take to obtain a personal injury settlement in Denver?
Do I Have To Go To Court For My Personal Injury Claim?
Even if the insurance companies attempt to lowball their settlement, a personal injury lawyer fights to make sure you receive the maximum financial compensation for your injuries. By building a strong case with comprehensive evidence and documentation, you increase your odds of receiving a full settlement even faster. However, if the insurance company or other party refuses to settle, we won’t hesitate to take your case to trial and fight for you in court.
Why You Should Call Paul After A Personal Injury Accident
Here’s the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm difference:
- Proven results with a remarkable track record.
- Extensive experience in a range of personal injury cases.
- Full transparency and open communication every step of the way.
- Dedication to take your case to trial if necessary.
- Full attention from one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.
- Operate on contingency fees for personal injury lawyers in Denver: We don’t get paid unless you do.
What You Can Expect From Our Denver Personal Injury Firm
- Free Consultation: We work on contingency fees and never take payment unless we win your case and you get paid.
- A Clear Understanding of Your Options: After spending over three years working in the insurance industry, we can share the ins and outs to make your situation and options clear to you.
- Trust: Our firm is founded on trust and honesty. We will always be honest with you and respect your wishes. Just take a second and read some of our online reviews. As you’ll see, my clients always give me five stars.
- Hard Work: Having won over 5,000 cases in my legal career, we’ll never stop working for you.
- Open Communication: When you call Paul, you talk to Paul. It’s as simple and as transparent as that.
GET YOUR FREE PERSONAL INJURY CONSULTATION TODAY
NO UPFRONT COSTS. WE ONLY GET PAID IF YOU WIN.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
Contact Colorado’s Top Personal Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a personal injury accident, finding the right personal injury attorney is an important first step. Our team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers will fight for your case and ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation.