In the aftermath of a car accident, it’s important to contact a car accident injury law firm. Even if you believe you were partially at fault for the accident, this resource proves invaluable if you file a personal injury claim. The right car accident attorney will guide you throughout your suit, providing valuable knowledge and experience, and determining the true value of your case. If necessary, they’ll also fight for you in court.
But how do you know which car accident law firm is right for you and your case? Selecting the wrong law firm can cost you time, money, and decrease your chances of winning your case. Like any other relationship in your life, it’s important to find the right car accident attorney.
To help, our blog offers some tips on what to look for when you’re searching for a car accident injury law firm. While every lawyer-client relationship is unique, some aspects such as experience, open communication, and a solid track record shouldn’t be overlooked.
The Paul Wilkinson Law Firm is a leading Denver car accident law firm representing those involved in personal injury accidents. Whether it’s a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or any other type of personal injury incident, we have the experience and resources to build your case and see that you receive fair compensation. Even if you believe you were partially at fault, give us a call. Our full team of personal injury lawyers will do what it takes to ensure that you receive justice and full compensation for your injuries.
WHAT DOES A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER DO?
A car accident lawyer is a type of personal injury lawyer who specializes in—you guessed it—car accidents. Car accident lawyers work in a field of the law known as tort law, which addresses civil suits when the negligence of one party causes harm or injuries to another party. Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury cases and most personal injury attorneys will have experience with these cases. Whether your accident is caused by distracted driving, an uninsured motorist, or aggressive driving, these lawyers can represent your case.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAW FIRM
The success of any relationship comes down to a few common factors: trust, communication, and proven results. You’ll want to work with a car accident injury law firm that exhibits all these qualities and more. While every case is unique and may require specific experience and skills, there are a few qualities to look for when finding a car accident law firm.
Here’s a look at those important qualities:
CAR ACCIDENT LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
One of the most important things to look for in a car accident attorney is experience. Hiring an experienced law firm gives you the best odds of success because, simply enough, they have the knowledge and experience to advise you on your case. . Look for a car accident law firm with extensive experience, not just in years of service, but also in working on cases similar to yours. If a personal injury lawyer, for example, has exclusively worked on defective product cases, they may not be ideal for your car accident claim.
If possible, you should schedule a visit to the physical office of your potential law firm. This can provide invaluable insight into the daily operations of these professionals and how they run their businesses. While a cluttered desk doesn’t always mean a cluttered mind, you may notice a few red flags from an extremely disorganized and dysfunctional office space.
OPEN AND HONEST COMMUNICATION
Communication is key for the success of any attorney-client relationship. Try to gauge the communication habits of your potential law firm and ask how frequently they’ll keep you updated on your case. When selecting the right lawyer, don’t hesitate to ask a lot of questions. Your personal injury attorney should be more than happy to answer.
TAKE YOUR CASE TO COURT
In most cases, personal injury claims are settled out of court during personal injury settlements. Why? Insurance companies often seek to settle these disputes as soon as possible to conserve time and resources. However, this also means that they might try to lowball your settlement claim. Having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side also means you have a skilled negotiator representing your interests.
If you’re unable to reach a settlement, you may have to take your case to trial. In these instances, you’ll want to have a personal injury attorney who has experience and success representing their plaintiffs in court.
Last but not least, your potential attorney should be more than happy to make references available. These references can provide an objective look into what it’s like working with this law firm. While every reference doesn’t necessarily need to be glowing, it should give you an inside look at how they operate with their clients.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
If you’re involved in a car accident, the next steps you take will prove critical for the success of a personal injury claim. Follow these steps after a car accident to ensure you have the best chance of success if you file a suit.
- Receive medical attention: your health should always be your top concern. After a car crash, first, check on the safety of yourself and your passengers. Call 911 even if you don’t believe your injuries are significant. Adrenaline can mask momentary pain and conceal your injuries.
- Get to safety: if your car is still operational, move it to the side of the road on a safe shoulder or parking lot if one is nearby. This will prevent your accident from becoming even worse.
- Obtain a police report: when you call 911, police will also arrive on the scene. They can help you clear the accident, receive medical attention, and they will also provide an official police report. It’s important to retrieve This report because it is important to receive it as it stands as the most authoritative, objective account of the accident.
- Exchange information: following the accident, you should exchange your basic contact and insurance information with the other driver. This is as much for your own protection as it is for theirs. However, you should never feel pressured to share more information than is necessary. Even if you believe you were at fault in the crash, never admit this to the other driver.
- Gather evidence: this next step is critically important if you end up filing a personal injury claim. Gather as much evidence from the scene of the accident as you can, including pictures of the vehicles, any other property that was damaged, and eyewitness accounts of the accident.
- Call your insurance company: report your car accident to your insurance company so you can begin filing your insurance claim.
7. Contact a car accident law firm: last but not least, you should contact an experienced car accident law firm in your area. They can work with your insurance company, handle other lawyers, and help you determine if you have a viable personal injury claim.
CONCLUSION – WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAW FIRM
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you shouldn’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced car accident injury law firm. Having a personal injury attorney on your side can prove essential for your car accident claim; however, with so many options in the legal world out there, you should make sure you’re working with the car accident law firm that’s right for you and your case. By choosing a law firm with extensive experience, a proven track record, open communication, and solid references, you set yourself up for the best chance to win your personal injury case.
It only takes a few minutes to get started. Call Paul and you’ll receive immediate, comprehensive support for your case. We’ll meet with you on your schedule and dive into building your case without a moment’s hesitation. At the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm, we also operate strictly on contingency fees. What does this mean? We only get paid if you win your case.
Contact the expert personal injury lawyers at the Paul Wilkinson Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation. Whether you were involved in a car accident, truck accident, bicycle accident, or any other type of personal injury case, we’re here to help. We look forward to ensuring that you receive the justice you deserve.